Wednesday, August 22, 2007

8 DAYS AND COUNTING....

8 DAYS...

I Stole this fair and sqaure from Kelly's myspace blog. This really got me excited about the vacation!












We are going on vacation soon. I am so excited and can hardly wait. Mom has never been to the beach, so my two sisters and I are taking her. We will be going to Destin, Florida. We are driving down and plan on site-seeing. There will be a night in Memphis. Beale Street, Elvis' Mansion, and BBQ here we come! Then, we are headed to a little town in between Mobile and New Orleans. We are going to spend a day checking out the French Quarter! After that, it's off to Destin for three days on the beach!
Well, that is, if the weather holds and we don't get blown away by a hurricane! I think we are looking for hurricane f and g. I think they are already named, maybe frank and Gertrude, who knows! I'm doing good to just remember my alphabet. After our relaxing beach stay, we are headed up to Gatlinburg. We are going to go on one of the scenic Smoky Mountain drives and take tons of pictures. We are also going to go up from here and visit a little town on the border of southern Indiana where all of my Mom's family came from, well all of them except the Swedes. They came over from Sweden and landed smack dab in the middle of Iowa.

Okay, I digress. We are all very excited. I think Nancy is more enamored with seeing Graceland, than with the beach. It's a toss up with Mom. She has never been to the beach, but she hasn't been to the Smokies either. Karen, has been dreaming of the beach for years and I'm really excited about all the photo opportunities. I'm sure I'll post them on myspace. Just a few more days and the adventure begins!

2 comments:

Denise said...

I am so happy for grams.

Glo said...

You guys are going to see some beautiful country. Have a fun and safe trip. My cousin lives a the foot of the smokies. I felt very close to God there.Great feeling.